We are delighted that you are considering adopting an animal from our Branch. The process is quick and easy.
Firstly you need to select your animal, dog, cat, guinea pig or rabbit by using our National website, Branch website or by ringing the kennels or fosterers. Then go along and view your chosen animal to see if it meets your needs. It is a good idea to take all the family along to visit and in the case of dogs, any other dogs you own to make sure they get on well together.
Then reserve your chosen animal. Your details will be passed on to a home visitor who should make contact with you within 48 hours of receiving your details. They will come and complete a simple form with you, checking that you have thought fully about what you are taking on and that the accommodation is suitable for the animal.
If all is OK you can then ring the kennels and fosterer to arrange to collect your animal. The Branch, kennels or fosterer is available post adoption to answer any queries. There may be a post home visit to enable you to chat with us about how your animal is settling in, this usually takes place about 6 weeks after you have adopted.
We respectfully ask that you contact the kennels during their opening hours and fosterers between 9am and 8pm. Thank You.
All animals come to you neutered, vaccinated, microchipped and have been treated for fleas and worms.
- Dogs – a donation of £120 is requested for an adult dog, £130 for a puppy, and we may ask more for a pedigree dog. Dogs over 7 or with medical conditions are £80. Dogs, unless otherwise stated, are at Ruskington Kennels and they may be contacted on 01526 833977 between 8.30am and 5.00pm, they are closed for lunch between 1.00pm and 2.00pm.
- Cats – a donation of £65 is requested for each cat. Please call Ruskington Kennels on 01526 833977 between 8.30am and 5.00pm, they are closed for lunch between 1.00pm and 2.00pm. or Moira, our cat fosterer on 07905834828 between 10.00am and 8.00pm.
- Rabbits – £30 for a single rabbit and £45 for a pair. Please call Ruskington Kennels on 01526 833977 between 8.30am and 5.00pm, they are closed for lunch between 1.00pm and 2.00pm.
- Guinea Pigs – £15 each, please call Sue our fosterer on 07979357591.
- Refund Policy RSPCA Lincs and Mid Lincs Branch is a small branch which has the welfare of all its animals at the heart of its work. We do however only refund part of adoption fees in exceptional circumstances and ask that all prospective adopters give full consideration to all aspects of adopting their preferred animal.
We hope you find an animal you are able to give a forever home to.